Thursday, September 13, 2007

Where has the time gone???

I was shocked , shocked to realize that the last time I put anything in the blog was in July! Here I have been plowing my way through the various tasks and not writing them down and now I hope I can recall half of what I did.

I messed around with RSS feeds and subscribed to Bloglines. Then I spent a couple of hours finding blogs to add. One that I have been enjoying is Pop Goes the Library, but I have to confess that I am biased because I used to work with Sophie Brookover who is one of the main contributers. Others that I like are Library Garden, It's All Good and Tame the Web. I also took a look at MERLIN. I think you really need to look at this stuff often to really start getting some meaning from it all.

Then I messed around with avatars for a while. My problem is that although it is fun to make believe that I look like a 20 something chickie with spiked purple hair and a mini and thigh high boots, it does seem like false advertising to post that on my blog when I am really a pug faced white Persian with an elegant demeanor.

So then I looked at Library Thing and really had some fun. I think this one is a keeper. What's more I have been telling all my friends about it, so maybe we can do some book sharing.

Whoops! I just realized that I haven't checked otu Rollyo yet. So I will have to back up, but I really got into Del.icio.us. At first I felt like I was just wasting time finding things to stick on my site, but then my daughter said something about putting recipes on it, and it all just clicked into place. since then I have been really having a good time adding just about everything to it. I figure as long as I can come up with a variety of tags, I can find it all again.

Sooooo, it looks like I had better back track and find out what Rollyo is.

1 comment:

IrmBrown said...

Thanks for making this effort. I do hope you can slip in a few more hours to get a little further along. I appreciate your time. Let me know if I can help in any way.