Saturday, September 29, 2007

As the days dwindle down...

Well, the pressure is really on and the days remaining are very few. I have started the bad habit of hopping around within the 23 Things as the spirit moves me. It keeps me interested, but it also leads me to think that I am further along than I actually am. Before I backtrack and talk about a couple of sites that are further back on the list, I have to talk about the wonderful YouTube clip that I found and posted. Actually finding it wasn't serendipitous. I was at a dinner party with some New Jersey buddies and they were bragging about the the MTV ad that they had done for QandANJ (the New Jersey of Ask Us Now). Since I knew the chances of me catching it on MTV were pretty slim, I figured that I wasn't going to get to see it, but then they said it was on YouTube. Voila! I love it and I hope that anyone who reads this blog enjoys it, also. So now I have two YouTube postings, the Harry Potter finger puppets and QandANJ. Do I get extra credit? I didn't think so.
Moving backwards, after having fun with Library Thing, I took a look at Rollyo and sort of ground to a halt. Part of my problem is that as I run out of time, I pull different sites up and start to look at them, and if their use doesn't jump out at me immediately, I don't want to take the time to play around with them or find someone who can explain why a particular site is beneficial to humankind. That is how I felt about Rollyo. Because I was hopping around, I had already found del.icio.us and really got into it. Then I realized that I had missed looking at Rollyo and went backwards, but I just couldn't get all fired up. That was when I jumped forward and started looking at YouTube. After posting the Harry Potter puppets, I decided that I had to get more structured and went back to Technorati. Although I enjoyed finding Boing Boing and was fascinated to see how Arianna Huffington's blog had evolved since the last time that I looked at it several years ago, I wasn't that interested in pursuing the finer points of Technorati. I finally have come to the conclusion that what 23 Things is doing is introducing us to a wide variety of things that overlap in their capabilities. Duh. Well, I am a slow learner.

No comments: